Biographical Sketches and Current and Pending Support
NSF requires a biographical sketch for each individual identified as senior personnel. See PAPPG Chapter II.D.2.h(i) for complete coverage on the content and formatting requirements for the biographical sketch. This 3-page document outlines an individual’s education and training, their appointments and positions, and other information that helps NSF assess how well qualified the individual is to conduct the proposed activities. NSF accepts Biosketches and Current and Pending (Other) Support forms prepared using Science Experts Network Curriculum Vitae (SciENcv).
SciENcv is an electronic system that researchers can use to create and maintain Biosketches. The system pulls information from other systems, including MyNCBI, ORCID, and eRA Commons allowing researchers to quickly create and recreate a Biosketch for each grant application or annual report.
Please see below links for using SciENcv to create a Biographical Sketch.
- NSF Biographical Sketch video tutorial
- NSF Current and Pending (Other) Support video tutorial
- SciENcv Help Guide with NSF-specific section (includes screenshots and step-by-step instructions)
- Using SciENcv Frequently Asked Questions
- NSF Biographical Sketch and Current and Pending (Other) Support: SciENcv and NSF Formats (January 2023 Webinar)
- SciENcv Demo (demo starts at 23:49 minute mark) (Spring 2023 NSF Grants Conference)