Apply for Phase II
Interested in applying for Phase II funding? Review this information before starting your application.
- Only Phase I awardees may apply for Phase II funding.
- The purpose of Phase II is to provide funding to continue the R&D you began in Phase I.
- Phase II awards are funded up to $750,000 for up to 24 months.
- As was the case with your Phase I application, you’ll need to submit your Phase II SBIR or STTR proposal through FastLane.
- If you’re an STTR Phase I awardee, you can now submit a SBIR Phase II proposal. More information on switching from STTR to SBIR.
- If your Phase II application is declined, you won’t be able to resubmit it.
Phase II proposals have fixed submission dates roughly eight, 14, or 20 months after the effective date of your Phase I award — please check your Phase I award letter to confirm the exact date.
If your award letter doesn’t include an exact Phase II submission date, contact the NSF Division of Grants and Agreements representative who is named in your award letter; they’ll be able to provide you with the proper date. Please note that the Phase II submission window opens 30 days before the proposal due date.
Administrative and financial capability reviews
- At the start of your Phase I award, review important information to know regarding Phase II SBIR/STTR administrative and financial capability reviews.
- These videos also explain the review processes and how to prepare for them.